Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Easy Healthy Chip Dip - Gluten and Dairy Free

Last week we had one of those evenings. The kids were all crazy. One of my two, 2 1/2 year olds was following me around crying. I was driving the teenager all over. 

And I had to make dinner. 

I Googled "5 min easy Gluten Free" dinner and came up with nothing. 

My fussy 2 1/2 year old was screaming, over and over, for a tortilla chip.  I couldn't think of much past his demand for a chip.  

Finally I figured it out.  I would throw together some ingredients and make a quick chip dip and then he could have his chips.  It literally took me 5 minutes to make this meal. 

Dinner solved.  

I didn't think much of this "meal" but the kids soon started raving about how yummy it was and were racing to finish off the last bite before anyone else did. 
Apparently, desperation breeds innovation. Hooray! 

Easy Healthy Chip Dip - Gluten and Dairy Free 
1 pound, or so, of cooked ground beef  
1 can of black beans, undrained 
1 1/2 c. of corn (or 1 can, drained) 
1 c. of salsa 
kale, finely diced 

Warm all ingredients, except kale, in a pot.  Just before serving add the kale.  Serve with tortilla chips. 

You can add more toppings if time allows, like: 
*chopped tomatoes 
*olives 
*green onions
*avocados 

Enjoy!  


No comments: