Thursday, March 17, 2016

Waffles - Gluten, Dairy, Oats, and Egg Free!

You might think I am a HUGE waffle fan, seeing as I have now posted 3 different waffle recipes on here.  

But nope.  I actually prefer a savory breakfast.  

In fact, this morning I made Green Pancakes (no dye needed for St. Patrick's Day!) for the kids, but I had a piece of GF toast, with an avocado smeared on top, and a boiled egg. It was pretty much heaven. 

Anywho. . . . I prefer a savory breakfast, but I make waffles often because I like to make a double batch and let my gluten free, yeast free kids use them for bread.  They love it.  

And now, this new recipe because sometimes I get concerned about the amount of oats and eggs we eat.  We eat A LOT.  This recipe is the perfect answer. 

Free of gluten, dairy, oats, eggs, yeast, nuts, . . . well everything really. 
And they are delicious! The taste is fantastic (our new favorites even!) and they are nice and crispy, just the way I like them! 
Gluten, Dairy, Oats, and Egg Free Waffles

2 1/2 c. rice milk
2 tsp. lemon juice 
4 c. gluten free flour** 
3 tsp. baking powder 
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon 
2 Tbsp. ground flax 
1 c. light (in taste, not fat) olive oil
2 tsp. vanilla 

First, mix rice milk and lemon juice in bowl and let stand while mixing the rest, at least 5 mins.  In blender, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ground flax.  Give it a quick mix, then add the olive oil and vanilla.  Add rice milk and lemon juice.  Mix until all combined.  Cook in well greased waffle iron. 

Enjoy! 

**I have started using Minimalist Baker's Gluten free flour blend.  We are loving it.  It's cheaper and healthier than any others we've tried, and mainly . . . we really like the taste so far! 


No comments: