Monday, March 21, 2016

Sesame Free Hummus

I feel like such a dummy.

Unless the recipes here are my own, I really try to give credit to the original recipe owner (unless the same recipe is found in many multiple places online).  I have lost my reference for this recipe though.  I didn't come up with this recipe on my own . . . and I have no idea who did. 

But whoever you are . . . thank you so much! 

This recipe is a huge crowd pleaser. Everyone who tries it loves it.  My kids adore it.  I have to make a double batch for after school snacks. 

And best of all? No sesame (tahini) which is a no-no in this family. 
Yay! 
 Sesame Free Humus
1 (15 - ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
1/4 c. water 
slight 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice 

Combine all ingredients in food processor and process for a full 2 minutes, until creamy and smooth. 

Enjoy with chips or veggies. 

I served this hummus as part of a gorgeous spread made of ALL allergen free food for a party held in honor of my allergic boy.  All foods were safe for him - which NEVER happens at a party.  It was a wonderful day, and the hummus was a huge hit with everyone. 

See it there next to the potato chips? 



No comments: