Monday, February 29, 2016

Berry Baked Oatmeal - Gluten and Dairy Free

***One of my children has become severely allergic to oats...so while I do make this for the rest of the family occasionally, I don’t do it very often.***

Baked Oatmeal is pretty much my favorite.  

It super simple.  It's super healthy.  You can make it the night before.  It makes great leftovers. Everyone loves it. It feels like a dessert for breakfast.  

You just really can't go wrong. Berry Baked Oatmeal is one of our favorites.  
Berry Baked Oatmeal - Gluten and Dairy Free
**You can make this even easier by assembling it the night before. Then just pop it in the oven in the morning.**

 6 c. oats 
1 c. applesauce 
1/3  c. brown sugar
2 eggs (or another 1/2 c. applesauce) 
2 1/4 c. milk of choice (or water) (I use half canned coconut milk to make it extra yummy)
4 tsp. baking powder 
1 tsp. salt 
1 heaping tsp. cinnamon 
2 tsp.  vanilla 
2 c. frozen (or fresh) mixed berries 
Cinnamon and sugar for the top 

Combine all ingredients directly in a 9 x 13 pan. Stir until well combined.  Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the top. Bake at 350* for 40 mins, until set. 

We eat it two ways: 
1)  Cakey - sliced on a plate, like a piece of cake
2) Milkey - in a bowl chopped up with milk 

Enjoy! 


1 comment:

annie said...

I make this a lot. I assemble in the afternoon, then put it in the freezer. Then when I go to bed, I put it in the oven and set it to cook early in the morning. We wake up to a hot meal. I do the same with the gingerbread recipe.