Friday, February 12, 2016

Allergen Free Candy List

Every candy oriented holiday that comes around has me searching labels, googling brands and candy, and trying to answer over and over again: 

"Can I eat it? Can I eat it?" 

My ever wise teenager suggested that I post a list on here. 
Yes, good idea, teenager! 

These candies are all FREE of my kids allergens* (except red food dye - but that child knows how to avoid it): 

*Airheads 
*Altoids
*Bottlecaps 
*Candy Canes 
*Candy necklaces/bracelets
*Charms Blow Pops 
*Circus Peanuts 
*Dots 
*Dum dums 
*Everlasting Gobstoppers
*Fun dip**
*Good and fruity
*Hot Tamales 
*Jelly Bellies 
*Jolly Rancher hard candy
*Laffytaffy
*Lifesavers 
*Lifesavers Gummies
*Mike and Ikes 
*Nerds 
*Pixy Stix**
*Runts 
*Skittles 
*Smarties 
*Smarties brand Conversation Hearts 
*Sour Patch Kids 
*Starburst 
*Sweetarts 
*Swedish Fish
*Tictacs

I'm sure this list will be changing with time:  things added to it, things taken off of it.  

But for now . . . here it is!  Lots of "safe" candies to eat!



*It is always wise to recheck ingredients and make sure everything is safe, as ingredients are known to change over time.

**Pixy Stix and Fun Dips are the WORST CANDIES EVER.  I allow my kids to have them, under one condition:  They must be eaten outside. I have swept up one too many piles of spilled, colored sugar which immediately turns to stickiness when around children.  


No comments: