Thursday, October 22, 2015

Crock Pot Dairy Free Rice Pudding -Two Ways!

Rice pudding is a major favorite around here. 

The hubby's sweet and perfect Grandma made it for us regularly and in her honor we try to eat it as often as possible. In fact, in this house rice pudding is a breakfast food! 
I was thrilled when I was finally able to replicate Grandma's version in a crockpot, allergy safe way. 

If you only have 4 hours use this method:

Crock Pot Dairy Free Rice Pudding
6 cups of milk of choice (I use rice and/or coconut milk or some water)
2 cups rice 
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1  cup raisins 
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla 
1 cup of milk of choice (I use rice milk) 

Add all ingredients to crock pot, except the last 1 cup of milk. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours.  Stir in remaining cup of milk before serving. Add additional milk as needed and top with spoonful of brown sugar, if desired.

If you have more time, or want to cook it overnight, use this method:

Crock Pot Dairy Free Rice Pudding
4 cups of milk of choice (I use rice and/or coconut milk)
4 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of brown rice
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. raisins
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. of milk of choice (I use rice milk)

Add all ingredients to crock pot, except the last 1 cup of milk. Stir to combine.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Stir in remaining cup of milk before serving.  Add additional milk as needed and top with a spoonful of brown sugar, if desired. 

1 comment:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

I have been DREAMING of eating rice pudding. J thinks I'm crazy. Yep, one of those crazy cravings. I'm so making this.