Friday, October 9, 2015

BEST Gluten Free Dairy Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

***One of my children has become severely allergic to oats...so while I do make this for the rest of the family occasionally, I don’t do it very often.***

I have spent SO MUCH TIME trying to find the best GF, DF Chocolate Chip cookies. I have had many, many failures.

As a child that grew up with homemade cookies all my life, this was pretty much equal to parenting failure for me.  

Alas, I finally came to the end of my journey.  

I have finally created a GF, DF, NF, ALL THE THINGS FREE cookie that everyone loves. 
Gluten Free Dairy Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 c. Oats (I use old fashioned, also known as rolled oats) 
2 c. brown rice flour
1 c. hemp hearts (slivered almonds can be substituted, if nuts are tolerated)
1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt 
1 c. dairy free chocolate chips 
1 egg 
3/4 c. light (in taste) olive oil 
1/4 c. molasses 
1 1/4 c. rice milk

Stir together oats, rice flour, hemp hearts, coconut, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips.  In another bowl mix the egg, olive oil, molasses, and rice milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. 

Cover dough and refrigerate for 5-15 minutes, until it is easy to handle.  Cook on greased or lined cookie sheets and cook at 350* for 20-25 mins, until lightly browned.  Let sit on sheet for 2-5 mins then transfer to rack to cool.  

To retain the cookies nice crunch, store these in the fridge in a ziploc bag. 

Cookies for everyone!!!


No comments: