Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Rice and Sausage Casserole - Gluten and Dairy Free

Growing up, my mom made this delicious meal that always felt like home when we had it.  It was comfort food at it's finest.  So, when I met my husband and realized his mom made the same dish, I knew it was meant to be! I had never met anyone else who made this meal! 

My mom's recipe and my mother-in-law's recipe were slightly different, but tasted generally the same.  In the end, I changed the recipe to suit our needs, so now my kids have this same dish that runs deep in their blood, but is still safe for them.  

Now, I have to double the recipe otherwise I put the food on the table and approximately 3.5 seconds later it is 100% gone.  I guess this is a good sign? 

Enjoy! 

Rice and Sausage Casserole - Gluten and Dairy Free
1 lb. link sausage  
1 stick of celery, minced 
1 carrot, minced 
1 onion, minced 
1 1/4 c. dry rice
 
Cut sausage into small hunks and fry them until brown.  Dip out grease, and add celery, carrot, and onion.  Cook a few mins till softened.  Add sausage and veggies, dry rice, and broth to 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Cover dish. 
Bake at 350* for 1 hour.  
(375* for 45 mins works too, if you have less time) 

Yum yum! 


 

No comments: