Friday, May 22, 2020

Berry Baked Rice - Gluten, Dairy, and Oat Free

One of my son's became highly allergic to oats and we eat a LOT of oats in this family.  I wanted to make him something similar to a baked oatmeal, but that wouldn't send him to the hospital, obviously! 

Behold . . . this breakfast Berry Baked Rice.  It turned out better than I could've imagined!  

All my kids love it.  It's easy to throw together.  You could assemble it the night before then just bake in the morning.  It basically is everything I want in a baked oatmeal . . . except the oatmeal! Awesome! 

Berry Baked Rice - Gluten, Dairy and Oat Free 
6 cups of cooked rice 
1/4 c. honey (or maple syrup) 
4 eggs, beaten  
4 c. milk 
2 Tbsp. vanilla
2 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt 
~ 1 c. frozen mixed berries 

Mix all ingredients in a 9 x 13 dish until well combined.  Bake at 375* for 45 mins.  Let sit for about 10 mins to firm up. 

Yum yum! 




No comments: