Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gluten Free Dairy Free Waffles

***One of my children has become severely allergic to oats...so while I do make this for the rest of the family occasionally, I don’t do it very often.***

Waffles.  Delicious, no? 

But I can never make them fast enough. I barely get one cooked, and the pigs children oink it up eat it before the next one is even done. 

Whatchagonnado? 
(Buy 3 more waffle irons, that's what. At least that is what I dream about.) 

Gluten Free Dairy Free Waffles 
3 cups milk of choice (I use coconut milk)
3 cups Old Fashioned, or rolled, oats
4 Tbsp. light (in taste, not calories or fat) olive oil 
2 eggs 
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla 

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth. Batter will be thin, but as it sits for a few minutes, it will thicken up. Cook in hot, well greased, waffle iron. (I use coconut oil to grease the waffle iron.  It works fantastic and is also a stable fat when exposed to heat. Reapply oil after every couple of waffles.)

*I make two batches of this for my crew.  It gives everyone plenty to eat, with some wonderful leftovers. My gluten and yeast free boys love to make sandwiches with the leftovers. 


No comments: