Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Gluten Free Dairy Free Corn Bread

Is the whole world frozen over, or is it just here?  
My goodness, we are having quite the winter. 

I pretty much want to eat soup for every meal and that means I just have to have some wonderful corn bread to go with it. 

My kids are thrilled when I make this corn bread.  

Gluten Free Dairy Free Corn Bread 
3/4 c. all purpose gluten free flour*
3/4 c. cornmeal 
1/4 c. sugar (can use less, if desired)
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder 
1 tsp. baking soda 
2 eggs 
1 1/4 c. milk of choice (I use coconut or rice)
1/4 c. light (in taste) olive oil 

Preheat oven to 375* and oil a 9 x 9" baking pan.  Stir dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda). In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil).  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.  Bake 25-30 minutes.  

Enjoy! 

*I just use whatever AP GF flour is found at Costco, and this always turns out wonderfully! 

No comments: