Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Gluten Free Dairy Free Secret Pumpkin Waffles

***One of my children has become severely allergic to oats...so while I do make this for the rest of the family occasionally, I don’t do it very often.***

Do you love pumpkin, like me and pretty much everyone else in the world?

I am a huge fan. Pumpkin everything! Yum. 

Thus we must have some pumpkin waffles, right?
(Since my son was diagnosed as anaphylactic to pumpkin, we now use "secret" pumpkin.) 
Gluten Free Dairy Free "Pumpkin" Waffles 
3 cups milk of choice (I use coconut milk)
3 cups Old Fashioned, or rolled, oats
1 cup of sweet potato puree (or pumpkin, if tolerated) 
4 Tbsp. light (in taste, not calories or fat) olive oil 
2 eggs 
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla 

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth. Batter will be thin, but as it sits for a few minutes, it will thicken up. Cook in hot, well greased, waffle iron. (I use coconut oil to grease the waffle iron.  It works fantastic and is also a stable fat when exposed to heat. Reapply oil after every couple of waffles.)

*This is the same recipe as my waffle recipe, just pumpkin version. 

No comments: