Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Gluten Free Dairy Free Meatloaf

My dearest mother taught me that you eat with your eyes, and therefore all meals should have lots of color in them. 

For that reason alone I have a love/hate relationship with this meal. 

It tastes SO GOOD! But it is so darn UGLY! 

In the end the taste wins out. Plus it is immensely easy prep for such a nice meal. Just remember to start early. 

Gluten Free Dairy Free Meatloaf
1 1b. or so of ground beef
1 egg 
3/4 c. quinoa flakes (use oats if you can tolerate them, we can not) 
chopped onion, to taste 
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
garlic, to taste 

Combine all ingredients in bowl until well incorporated.  Put into a loaf pan. Cook for 1 hour at 350*. 

At the same time and in the same oven cook some potatoes and a butternut squash. 

Baked Potatoes
Scrub and poke potatoes all over and place directly on oven rack. 

Butternut Squash
Wash and slice in half.  Clean out strings and seeds. Place face down on a cookie sheet. When done cooking scoop out of shell.  Eat with brown sugar (as my hubby does) or with salt (as I do). 


1 comment:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

I make meatloaf out of cornmeal. I should try the oats.