Monday, May 30, 2016

Peaches and Cream Rice Porridge - Gluten and Dairy Free

 I am sure I have bored you all with my raving on about having a warm breakfast ready first thing in the morning.  Alas  . . . I adore it so much, I can't help myself. 

Another recipe that takes 3 minutes to throw together before bed so you can wake up happy in the morning!
Peaches and Cream Rice Porridge - Gluten and Dairy Free
1 1/2 c. brown rice 
8 cups of water 
1 can (15 oz) peaches, drained and chopped up - or two fresh peaches, chopped
1 heaping tsp. of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt   

Add all ingredients to your crock pot.  Stir and cover.  Cook on low for 8 hours. 

Serve with milk of choice and a scoop of brown sugar, if desired. Thank your sleepy head that you have a warm, healthy, nourishing breakfast ready for you first thing in the morning. 

Yum! 

No comments: