Thursday, June 16, 2016

The BEST Chocolate Cake - Gluten and Dairy Free

You guys.  YOU GUYS! 

I have been trying to make a super yummy gluten free, dairy free, all-the-things-free, chocolate cake for SO LONG.  

My family has patiently and kindly awaited through many, many trials.  

Alas . . . I HAVE FOUND THE CAKE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR! 
It is:  moist, sweet, decadent, chocolatey, not weird tasting, addictive, doesn't fall apart, fantastic.

I didn't even get a picture of the whole thing.  By the time we had nearly diminished the entire thing it finally occurred to me to hurry and get a picture because I had finally found MY CAKE. 

This, my dear friends, is a major allergy-free cooking win.  Even crazier? This cake doesn't have any flour in it. None.  It does however have quinoa in it, so this dessert is basically a health food.  Amiright?

Chocolate cake for everyone!!!

The BEST Chocolate Cake - Gluten and Dairy Free 
2 cups cooked quinoa (I cook 1 cup dry and take what I need)
1/3 c. milk of choice ( I sometimes like to use Chocolate Coconut Milk - a rare treat- to make this extra special!) 
4 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla 
3/4 c. light (in taste) olive oil (melted coconut oil works too) 
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar 
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (yes, 1 cup)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder 
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt 

Preheat oven to 350*.  Lightly grease two 8" round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. 

Add quinoa, milk, eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil to blender and blend well until smooth.  In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add the contents of the blender and mix until combined.   

Divide batter among the two pans and bake for 30-35 mins until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool for about 10 mins.  Invert on cooling racks. 

Top with frosting and try not to die.  Just try. 

Frosting recipe coming soon! 

Adapted from www.melskitchencafe.com/decadent-chocolate-cake/


No comments: